Boating Permit

  • Florida Law States:
  • If the driver of the pontoon boat or  Jet ski or any watercraft over 10hp is born on or after January 1,  1988; we are required to ask to see a boating safety education  identification card issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation  Commission or the equivalent from another state.
  • If you do not possess a boating safety education card you can either : 
  • 1) Take a Temporary Certificate test  down at the Blue Crab Water Sports booth. (Lasts for one year) 
  • 2) Follow the links on the Destin  Info page on this site entitled "Official Boater Safety Education  course" (Lasts a lifetime).Costs vary.
  • The temporary card requires you to read some information and then take a 25 question test.
  • You will also need to bring with you :
    1) A valid driving license
    2) The fee for the test - $3